The Technical Account Manager is responsible for all aspects of the customer relationship with Health Current to include both basic and advanced implementations related to HIE services. They work closely with all customer-facing departments to ensure that each participant receives the highest standard of service. Focusing on establishing and maintaining relationships with key clinical, business, financial and technical decision-makers to ensure that there is a complete understanding of Health Current and its services, the Technical Account Manager serves as the customer’s advocate to ensure that all departments understand the customers’ requirements and respond with the right quality of service. The Technical Account Manager, when appropriate, with an assigned integration engineer/development staff, is responsible for ensuring the successful adoption and use of Health Current’s suite of products and services.
As needed, the Technical Account Manager may assist with the analysis of various workflows to develop and recommend practices, procedures and HIE tools that focus on the effective use of electronic patient data within the workflows to aid in improving care delivery and coordination.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build trust and strengthens relationships by keeping customers informed on the way existing and emerging Health Current technologies and services can help their organization
- Develop participant-specific HIT Implementation Plan
- Creates project related deliverables including, but not limited to, project plans, scope documents, budgets, WBSs, schedules, business and technical requirements, training, transitions, communication, and support plans, etc.
- Research industry best practices in the use of electronic patient data within hospitals, clinics, and other health care settings
- Maintains a working knowledge of the application software platform.
- Maintains a working knowledge of industry interoperability standards and direction
- Ensures project schedules are maintained and up-to-date in accordance with PMO guidelines.
- Ensures resource assignments and allocations are maintained, up-to-date, and equitable.
- Coordinates dependencies and resource allocations across the enterprise for assigned projects.
- Coordinates with and supports other Health Current staff to develop both account managers and client support specialists.
- Facilitates assigned project team members, subcontractors, and vendors to achieve goals measured by reportable metrics
- Prepare briefings on the business, technical and financial benefits of technology and collaborate with customers to develop customized solutions
- Oversees all product and service matters specific to the customer
- Facilitate communication between project team members and key stakeholders such as physicians and nurses
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of services per customer needs and objectives
- Coordinate with Health Current teams to identify, manage, communicate and mitigate risks/issues throughout the implementation process
- Assist with high severity requests or issue escalations as needed
- Assist in development materials targeted at clinical and support staff for each Health Current product and service
- Assist management with the development of new products and HIE services
- Performs other related duties as assigned
To perform successfully, an individual must be able to accomplish each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working knowledge of clinical practice processes within various care settings
- Quality improvement methodologies (implementation & use)
- Analyze, process and workflow redesign skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office toolset (Word, Project, Excel, and PowerPoint required, Visio & Share Point preferred).
- Advanced project management and organizational skills
- Ability to define, plan, organize, and manage multiple complex projects efficiently and effectively
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical and organizational skills
- Understand the "team dynamic" and the ability to lead groups
- Proactively resolve problems and take decisive action, giving regard to impact on all stakeholders
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks and requests resources to ensure projects are efficiently and effectively completed
- Manage competing priorities in a complex and dynamic environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment and consistently meet strict deadlines
- Work independently and in a team environment, maintaining positive working relationships
- Understand the requirements of Federal and State quality initiatives and related metrics
3-5 years of healthcare experience required in a variety of settings. To include but not limited to experience in project management, and account management within a technical setting preferred. A Bachelor’s degree in a health care-related discipline desired. The successful candidate should possess a bachelor’s degree in technology, business, healthcare or related field or relevant combination of education and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- In-Patient care (acute and post-acute)
- Out-Patient Care (physical and behavioral Health)
- Project Management
- Federal and State quality initiatives
- EMR implementation
- Customer Service
- Quality improvement