The Senior Data Analyst provides support of all organizational data management functions. Supports the design, creation, maintenance, tuning and support of the organization’s relational and dimensional databases, and OLAP Cubes. Leads the data analysis and reporting activities. Additionally, this position will provide guidance and support to other organizational and client staff members in areas of data quality, analysis, presentation, and reporting. This position is based in Phoenix, Arizona.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and support external customers in data analysis and reporting activities, this includes measurement validation and in-depth analysis for publicly reported clinical quality measures and other measures for data and aggregation projects
- Assist other internal data management staff members with the design, creation, maintenance, tuning and support of the organizations relational and dimensional databases, and OLAP Cubes
- Coordinate the capture, translation and transformation, and validation of all data required for internal and external measurement and reporting
- Create and implement operational automation using JAVA and SQL scripting
- Conducts research and evaluation of data analysis, data measurement, and data reporting methodologies, technologies and tools that are strategically important for the organization and make recommendations for implementation and adoption internally and/or with external customers
- Conducts research and evaluation of database capacity, normalization and quality
- Performs functions to complete various data extraction, transformation, and loading to move data into and out of the HIE platform database
- Centrally maintain a library of measures and specifications across all initiatives and reporting projects; consult with measurement experts as appropriate and recommend modifications as needed for national standards such as HEDIS, NQF, NCQA, CAHPS
- Prepare and present analysis and findings to key stakeholders
Performs other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working knowledge of MSSQL Server and PostgreSQL
- Working knowledge of relational and dimensional database design, creation, maintenance, tuning, support and querying methodologies and techniques
- Working knowledge of OLAP Cube design, creation, maintenance, tuning, support and querying methodologies and techniques
- Experience with one or more leading Business Intelligence tools (Microsoft Power BI, SAP Business Objects, OBIEE, QlickView, Tableau, Excelsius) preferred
- Ability to understand, analyze, and report clinical, financial and operational data and measures
- Ability to translate documented business requirements into actionable tasks and execute those tasks
- Proficient data analysis and data reporting techniques and methodologies
- Experience leading teams; comfortable with a hands-on role and willing to do the essential tasks required to meet the company’s goals
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of HL7 v2.x, HL7 v3.x, C-CDA and XDS.b standards and protocols, and IHE
- Working knowledge of healthcare clinical codes sets such as LOINC, CPT, ICD, RxNorm, etc.
- Working knowledge of medical claims data formats to include CCLS, 835, 834, etc
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple high priority tasks.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Ability to convey a strong presence and professional image.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment and consistently meet strict service level agreement performance requirements.
- Ability to work independently as well as the ability to effectively work in a team environment and maintain strong working relationships.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office toolset (Word, Project, Excel, and PowerPoint required, Visio preferred).
5+ years of experience in data analysis, measurement reporting, and querying of MSSQL and PostgreSQL relational and dimensional databases, and OLAP Cubes required. Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree with significant experience in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Administration or related field required. Master’s degree preferred. Formal certifications such as MCSA: SQL Server, MCSE Data Platform, MCSE Business Intelligence preferred.